Prof Mohd. Akhtar Siddiqui is the former Chairperson of the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. He is currently the Chairman of the High Powered NCTE Review Committee constituted by the MHRD, Govt. of India. He has been serving in Jamia Millia Islamia, a Central University, for the last 38 years in different academic and administrative capacities. At present he is a Professor of Education there. A Ph. D. in Education from Jamia, M. Com from University of Delhi and DES from Leeds University, U.K., he has undertaken several research projects funded by different organizations including European Commission; contributed around 50 papers, articles and chapters in Journals and books published from India and abroad; published books; and presented many papers in national and international conferences.
– Former Chairperson, National Council for Teacher Education, a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, New Delhi, 2008-11.
– Former Chairman, NCTE Review Committee : A High Powered Committee appointed by the MHRD, Govt. of India, 2015-16.
– Professor of Education, IASE, Faculty of Education, Jamia Millia Islamia Central University
– 38 years of Teaching & Research in the field of Education
– 20 years of Administrative experience
– More than 100 publications/reports including books, research papers, articles, chapters and project/research reports in the areas of specialization
Areas of Specialization
- Teacher Education
- Comparative Education
- Educational Management and Administration
- Education of Disadvantaged Groups and Minorities